Saturday, February 28, 2009

VOTD - 4 + Gothing the studio + Hike

Hello!

I had a full packed but mellow Friday.

7:30 was Chinese food din din with my pal, Nicole on La Brea and Hollywood (Manderette). Then came back to my place and at 10, headed to Boardners with Kevin Venable and my neighbor, LeAnna to see Reid Speed spin some magic. We then headed to Joseph's restaurant which is transformed nightly to a dance establishment. We lost Kevin there and LeAnna on our walk home as she ducked out and into Tiny's (bar). Nicole and I went for desserts at Kitchen 24. I do not have time to upload pics and such but she had the deep skillet chocolate chip icecream plate and I had the hot apple pie. I was home before 1am.

Today, I am going to my studio in the valley (Granada Hills) to work with Mark Caro (Tech Itch). I was asked to compose music for a major film trailer and have until Monday morning... I generally will not take these offers, however when it is a MAJOR FILM, the pay is enough to easily live well for 1-2 yrs ;)


The music that is needed is heavy, grimey, industrial, goth instrumental and the example I was given was played is a brooding, dark one. So Mark and I will get our GOTH on for the day and night. We have until Monday to turn in this masterpiece!

We will don some capes, boots, while drinking absinthe, Jill (his girlie) will do our makeup, we may have some wine later, incense burning, candles, maybe even fangs...
Needless to say (or even needles to say), it will be a fun time ;)

OK... time for videos.

Here is a video I have had on my youtube playlist for quite sometime by Palais Schuamberg. Early new wave/ post punk.... note the similarites between this way back and bands like The Faint, etc. and I mean this in no ill way as Todd and Jacob are mates of mine ;)



Now... kinda metalizing, gothing out.... honoring today's post is a video from a few years back is Bittersweet. This is by Apocolyptica and features singers Ville Valo, from the finnish band HIM. and Lauri Johannes Ylönen (Lintu) from The Rasmus.



Now for my regular videos ;)

kaleidoscopic clip directed by Peking and Snejina Latev


to bring it back to life
Rogue Element - Escalation


Lastly, tomorrow is Sunday... HIKE day
Wanna go?

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics