Wednesday, February 25, 2009

VOTD: Depeche Mode & Dead Confederate

This will be quick.

I was unable to be around the past day or so to post the new Depeche Mode video and by the time I had a free moment last night, myspace had posted it! I will still post their video below.

I landed a new job yesterday. WRITING... My years of writing blogs have taken me in many directions and now, it will certainly be another. I had gotten a call from a friend saying a magazine needed someone to head a department. He then gave my info to the man in charge who then contacted me. My meeting for this company happened yesterday and now we are in motion. The first story is due in a week. More on this when the article is published :)

So... below are some videos... enjoy!

Depeche Mode - Wrong
Depeche Mode - "Wrong" (official music video)

In case myspace blocks the above, try THIS to view.

If you are looking for the song, I will post it within a following blog with a bunch of downloads for your listening pleasure.

Continuing with the Depeche Mode theme:

'Visitors' - frYars featuring Dave Gahan


Yet more on Dave Gahan...
You can listen him sing "Nostalgic" by Mirror on mirror.fm

The music on the album, which you can hear from their audio player, has a wide range of styles. Mostly mellow and cold with a slight churchy nearly christmas late night theme if that makes sense!?!?! Maybe a musical meets something from the 70s. Whomever wrote this album has either studied theory or listened to many classics based upon structure and chord changes. Maybe I will contact the band and see about sharing a tune with you on here.

Going over my huge list of videos to share just now.. I see I never posted Dead Confederate!!!!!! They are performing tonight at SPACELAND!!! If you live anywhere near, you may want to go. they are a great band. Below is my initial clip with text about them from January.

Dead Confederate: This is a band that has been growing on me
The play the 25th of February at Spaceland in lovely Silverlake, CA for CLUB NME night


Dead Confederate - Get Out (Live on KEXP) from KEXP RADIO on Vimeo.

Have a good evening!

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics