Wednesday, February 11, 2009

VOTD: Fever Ray & Hell & Friday the 13th performance

Today's videos oddly enough, go well together.

The timing of this posting actually just fell into place.


I have been recently corresponding with my old pal and band mate, Matthew Sims aka Mount Sims who relocated to Berlin, Germany to unleash his work yonder! As, Mt Sims, he has actually released a great album that I have been recently playing more and more. In one of our latest emails, he wrote about a project in which he is involved with Olof Dreijer, one half of the band, The Knife.

The other half of The Knife, the sister, Karin Dreijer Andersson, is responsible for the video below.

Her solo project, which is rather interesting, is called, Fever Ray.



If I Had A Heart from Fever Ray on Vimeo.

Now if the similarity of the video imagery for these two is not enough... what really got me after I was set to post this, is that Matt, mentioned above, was previously signed to Gigolo Records, which was owned by DJ HELL, who is responsible for the following video which was already slated for today.

Before we enter the music of The Twilight Zone, I..... (pause)
The crazy folks from the cable company came and interrupted my thoughts!!!

I was actually called in to work today at Universal, so I must depart.
at the bottom of this post is another reminder for Friday.

And now for the other video.

DJ Hell - Angst (a dark but soothing, mello groove) from his forthcoming release, "Teufelswerk"


Have a great day!

This Friday, Red Light District, my baby, is performing to celebrate our Debut Album release at The Black Heart Masque Ball at RUIN. Hopefully you can make this!!!

We are quite excited to say the least!

More information on myspace.com/redlightdistrictx

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics