Friday, February 20, 2009

VOTD: Dandys, The The, RLD, First Fridays @ Medusa

Good morning!

As promised I have the new video from The Dandy Warhols, which I will follow with a chaser from one of my favorite bands, THE THE.

But first... I should mention... today will be a long day... I have to be on the set of a film... I am still sick :(

So much to do.. so little time.

I hope to see folks at the Red Light District performance tomorrow night. You can RSVP to get on the mailing list here

It will certainly be fun and The Devil's Playground find entertaining Burlesque.

As I mentioned previously, you will want to arrive EARLY as this event could sell out as it did before 10 or so last time. If you have to miss this performance, we are playing one more time, Thursday, the 5th of March at The Knitting Factory with Jill Tracy, UXG and DJ Xian.



The last piece of news is to announce that starting Friday, the 6th of March and First Fridays after, DJ Darren Revell (Big Sonic Heaven, the late indie 103.1 fm) and I will be bringing a new monthly party event to Medusa Lounge. The music you will hear ranges from all walks of exciting music from a wide spectrum of genres from shoegaze to electro, rock to trip hop, psychedelia to industrialized funky breaks! It will be a place to not only hear songs you love but a place to be exposed to a variety of new tunes and find your new favorites!!! Check the site today! (myspace.com/revellshok)


Enjoy The Dandy Warhols


Here are some videos from The The from years ago!

The first one includes Johnny Marr (The Smiths on guitar)


This next one is from 1986!!!!
It features a certain woman, who sang a certain song about a certain stance by a Buffalo.... do you remember her name? I do! Do you?


The most recent song and video date back 8 years ago now and is PILLAR BOX RED


You may recall Dogs of Lust which was The The's big single in 93-4 and which subsequently led to the tour with Depeche Mode in 1994.
I can provide just a link as this video has been disabled for embedding.
VIEW NOW

Have a great day!!!
Send healing thoughts my way if you can!

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics