Saturday, March 28, 2009

Friday evening recap with PHOTOS & Chicken!

I was asked to attend a Cowboys & Indians birthday party happening tonight.

If I went, I would go as both. I would be The Lone Tonto or The Tonto Ranger.


Do I go with headdress, sitting Indian style with a Rangers' jersey?
Actually, I may not go at all and just work on music or later, attend DiskoNekro or the 10 year anniversay of Respect's Drum n Bass Party. I know my friend, Ozzie is meeting me for food.


Last night was great!

Legion and I went to Pasadena to rendezvous with Serina at a gas station since we were not quite certain where to dine. After driving in to the station and greeting each other, Serina handed me her phone. The three of us formulated the idea to seek free parking in order to drop off Legion's vehicle.


We agreed on the basic street, called Walnut, which is right by a Ralph's (Walnut & Lake). I hopped back in to zee car with Sir Legion and we headed to Walnut. We turned on to Wilson street and parked quite easily. Serina was not behind us, but this was fine because she knew basically where we were headed... We could call her.
Legion asked me to ring her.


HOWEVER...

Just as I hit the TALK button to contact her, I recalled I had her phone. It then rang as I clicked END.

We went to the Ralph's that we passed to find her, and finally we reconvened at the original gas station, roughly 15-20 minutes later ;)

After checking a place called AVANTI Cafe', we quickly agreed on Serina's fantastically delicious idea for ROSCOE's Chicken! This was simply due to the cafe being overly crowded... and that we LOVE Roscoe's!!! I had not been in well over a year... I changed my diet a bit more drastically in the beginning of 2008 upon learning of some cholesterol issues, which I must add, I was able to adjust WITHOUT the aid of medicine but simply by dietary decision and excorcismizmsish ;)


Actually, I had never before been to the Roscoe's in Pasadena. I used to reside a few blocks from the one on Gower in Hollywood and have attended birthdays, such as Coleman's at the one on Pico & La Brea. This one turned out to be somewhat of a zoo! It was not dissimilar to the lyrics in the song "America" from WEST SIDE STORY


Larger photo here
Overall, the staff was good, the food was as tasty as ever! Legion had a chicken sandwhich with fries, Serina had.... a whole mess of foodsies including some chicken "rounds" and cornbread with Ice Tea (not iced... "ice tea"), while I had my chicken thigh, red beans & rice with cornbread combo and Ice Tea as well ;)

- Video to follow soon! -

We then drove around Pasadena, hitting South Pasadena and finally we grabbed Legion's car and headed back to my apartment, to watch a film.


What we wound up seeing was something .. rather unusual. A streaming download of a film called MADEA GOES TO JAIL... hahahahah!

The film could not decide whether it was a silly comedy with an older black American grandmother version of Mrs. Doubtfire with extra sass who has anger issues, which are never really resolved, or a serious story about forgiveness and deceit and the victim of a rape.


There are other films with this character, including an older version of this film from three years prior that went straight to video.

There were some funny bits... but then there were some very harsh serious moments... each undermined the other. I give this film a 2 out of a 10.

It did, however, star Keshia Knight Pulliam, who played Rudy Huxtable on "The Cosby Show". Can you believe she is 30 this year?!?!

Well, it is time for me to walk the dog, figure out what I will eat with my friend Oz, and what I am going to do since it is now 7:48 pm

Contact me! Btw, Farmer's Market 10am tomorrow!
Then I will go hiking and $2 Sushi plates at FAT FISH in the evening!

QUICK FINAL NOTES:
Next Friday is FIRST FRIDAYS @ Medusda Lounge, RSVP for Guest List
Tuesday, I will be DJing at STINKERS in Silverlake. It is FREE!
I am topless!
Pooch needs a walk
Li, the kitty, is sleepy

Current Music: Sneaker Pimps - Low Five "live box set" | Powered by Last.fm

Powered by

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics