Sunday, January 27, 2008

qwik recap= Seattle: Day 1

smooth flights

arrived @ SEA airport 11:37 (early as it was scheduled 11:58)

Kelly and her friend Earlene picked me up
We stopped a bank for Kelly outside of this huge Asian market called Uwajimo's
I ran to the corner and ordered a Taro boba tea (certainly the best I ever had and it was the least expensive)

Got to Kelly's
The three of us headed for Chinese where we split mooshu chicken (love that hosin sauce) and the kung pao chicken.

[it was raining like cats and frogs and dogs and water]

Returned to Kelly's
I zonked out for a few hours from approximately 4pm until just before 8pm

Headed out to see Michael and Jon's [VAST] concert at Studio Seven
Michael met us outside and we went in and Trish Murphy ran up to me and YAY!
(Hadn't seen Trish in several years)

(SIDE NOTE: This excursion to Seattle was initially intended for a few weeks from now but whilest organizing it with Kelly, I got a rare IM conversation happening with Trish who used to reside in Philadelphia, but is now living in West Virginia, who told me she was to be in Seattle this wknd to see her friends and for the VAST concert. Instantly, I was excited about the prospect of enjoying the company of all three aspects; Kelly plus Trish plus the VAST boys and seeing a concert. I contacted the band and sure enough it was a good scenario. I realized that even though it was only 7 days until it would be the 26th, the show date for VAST, the ticket price was the same as had I taken the trip a few weeks later... I wound up paying $200 after taxes, roundtrip and via paypal, directly to USAIR. I like that they added a paypal feature!!!)

Ok... so back at the concert... the girls, Michael and I headed upstairs.
After a round of drinks, Michael had to take the stage.
VAST = amazing as usual. Jon looks good, sounds good and such!!!
(SEE THEM ON TOUR... the Los Angeles date is SOON)
Kelly and I sat at a table with Trish's friends.

Eventually, we, Kelly, Trish and her mate called Richard ate at The Five Points.
Sans Kelly, we shared The Five Points sampler; onion rings, fried mac n cheese wedges, pepper bits, and such... basically FRIED CRAP with Marinara.
I had... or shall I say.. tasted the hot turkey sandwich as it was cold so I sent it back and then it sat back there til nearly everyone finished their meals.. then it came back microwaved and cold as the waitress let it sit for nearly 20 mins. Sent it back again and it returned so over microwaved (she probably forgot about it again while cooking) that it had turned into Turkey Jerky and the bread was like a catcher's mitt!
I suppose I didn't need to eat anyway and it was removed from the bill.

Trish and Richard got picked up by the rest of their friends
Kelly and I returned to her place (this is still before 2am)
Talked a bit
Kelly fell asleep
I did not feel tired, however it was less than five more minutes until I was out like a trout.

Awoke 8am
Checked in on Miss Pooch-A-Rilla via phone (she has a great phone bark/ voice)
Here we are...

Plans: SUSHI! See Michael & Jon (they have a day off), see Trish, see Thomas (of Thomas & Alison Velvet Garden) Chris Seraphim, etc.

Have a lovely Sunday!!!

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics