Thursday, August 12, 2010

Android: WordFeud - Words With Friends for Android


I have been a huge Android enthusiast and having been a past fan of mac os as well as various windows versions, I was not sure what to expect from Android as I was hoping it would not be a linux-style platform that would drive me insane... anyhow... since the G1 first arrived, I was happy to see it, but had a nice windows mobile phone... last November, I arrived early morning, in NYC, by Columbia University to become an early adopter of the Motorola Droid, joining Verizon!

Being a beta tester for Google, I already had spent several months, with some cool applications as well as GoogleVoice, which has allowed me to keep the same number, provide visual voicemail which arrived as either txt or email and it handles all texts and btw, all of this is free... including any voicecalls I take or make!


Anyhow... I will bring it back and focus on the topic at hand... You see, this post becomes the first in a new series I have on the web, tentatively titled, Ahh Android, where I introduce friends and folks to new and exciting applications, tricks and such since I am always doing this when I see people.

I have been waiting for an Android version of WORDS WITH FRIENDS, which was voted app of the year last year for Iphone. I am a huge fan of word games and Scrabble can be lots of fun and this game pits you against online players, friends or strangers.

After months of New Toy Inc., the creators of the game, saying they would be working on a version, another crew stepped up and offered an android clone, WordFeud

Similar to Words With Friends, WordFeud, allows you to challenge friends or random opponents, participating up to 20 games simultaneously!!!! Within each game, you can chat with your opponent. WordFeud, however is a FREE app. Not that $1.99 for the other is hefty, but FREE=FREE!


My first game pit me against a woman called Janina, from Dallas, on the Motorola Cliq, and we shared some laughs. Our game, is continuing... My phone notifies me when it is my turn, and saves the game in between turns, so we taken turns as time permits.

Great for a quick break, toilet activity, travel companion, etc. I like the game play and the interface works well. Advertisements appear between turns, but there is a big SKIP button. Enjoy!!!! :)

http://wordfeud.com
http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.hbwares.wordfeud.free




Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics