Wednesday, February 24, 2010

VOTD: Sade & her band... I want to join!

While I am certainly more than pleased with the title track on Sade's first album in a decade, "Soldier Of Love", which has been on heavy rotation with me since it was in my hands in November... I am writing today as I declare that "instead of running away with the circus, I would choose her band, Sweetback.

Watch how much fun they have... they are silly, amazing musicians, know how to have fun and they get the job done and it is well done, for sure!


Btw, if you have NOT seen the video for "Soldier Of Love", here it is in all of its dark, militaristic, near industrial triphop exquisiteness. It is more of a Massive Attack tune than nearly any of the songs on the latest Massive Attack album. Enjoy!



I had to play it again.... I love this tune! I am not sure how many years it has been since I have played a tune so often... but perhaps Last.fm has the rough estimate. (well, often I am listening to music away from the computer)

Helen Folasade Adu is fantastic and I have enjoyed nearly all of the songs on the Soldier Of Love album. You may want to grab it today!

From my list of most anticipated albums of 2010, these are 10 songs to enjoy for years to follow until her next release! Let's hope it is not another decade!



Lastly, I am working with Boom Chick Boom for their comedy sketch show this evening at Theatre Asylum. 9pm, just west of Vine, on the south side of Santa Monica Blvd.


Tomorrow night is my FREE party, Absinthe & Magic Thursdays, at Kung Pao Kitty. Join me early for dinner or arrive a lil later for $3 drink specials and more!

Friday, David J. (Bauhaus, Love And Rockets) is djing at Kung Pao Kitty.

Saturday, I am djing again at Kung Pao Kitty and possibly singing and playing guitar too, want to join me?


Note: the new Red Light District single is a cover of a Sade song that we recorded a few years ago.

Powered by

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics