Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I just saw the film, 9, and it was a 4!

I have just arrived home from my walk from The Arclight Cinemas, where I saw the midnight screening of 9, the new Tim Burton film. I have been excited to see this film since last year, when I first learned about it. It was also on my list of films I have wanted to see in 2009.

I give 9 a 4 or perhaps a 4.5 as a whole. The visuals were certainly worthy of a 9 or even 10, however the story lacks in so many ways that I will NOT go into as I do not want to tell the story. The voice acting was a celebrity cast, which I tend to not really care about either way. Was it because I have seen this story before in other places? Is it because the short story upon which the film is based is richer? Is it because I saw UP yesterday and that film is now in my top films I have ever seen? Could be.

I did enjoy nods to other films, the visuals and such and even though I was not so moved by this film, perhaps you will be and it certainly has fantastic visual and audio effects making it a film you can enjoy in the theatre.

Powered by

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics