Monday, May 18, 2009

What an amazing film: The Brothers Bloom

Tonight after the weekly $2 Sushi outing to Fat Fish in Koreatown. My pals, Jenz & Angela and I went to see the 10:25 screening of THE BROTHERS BLOOM @ The Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood.

I will want to write something more ultimately, but having just returned, I will say this... It is a great adventure of the two brothers, who are con men & how their final con, before the younger brother, played by Adrien Brody (The Pianist), is played as he is blown away by the woman whom he is supposed to fool, Rachel Weisz.

The story takes place in various countries and combines a classic physical and satirical comedy as well as suspense and even a good ride that allows the romance of the idea of the story to be sincere!

I highly recommend this!

The writer & director, Rian Johnson, is also responsible for the film "BRICK", which was low-fi to say the least. But it did have some folks such as Lukas Haas, who I just ran into at Guitar Center recently.

Last note... I knew Adrien Brody from summer camp. We learned magic together, not the spooky kind, but the ledger / performance, close up and stage illusions ;) Cards were prevalent in the film, and I wonder if he taught his co-stars a trick or two.

I still need to write about "Drag Me To Hell", by Sam Raimi, which I saw last week and also thoroughly enjoyed!


Powered by

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics