Friday, January 28, 2011

Pooch-A-Rilla: Six months since

It is six months, today, without Miss Pooch-A-Rilla.

I suppose I am a "cat person" now.

Throughout my entire life, my family and I had the companionship of dogs.  It is a break to not have to wake and walk an animal as well as do this when it is cold and you are tired, just before sleep.

I am content with Li-Kitty. She did show signs of sadness for a while, including sleeping where Pooch would.  My cat allergies have diminished greatly.  When I leave for a day or even two, I no longer have to call upon a friend to keep watch.

Most days I am fine, however there are often moments when I sit and reflect upon the amazingly beautiful buddy I had, who touched the lives of so many people in person and over the net, who was there with me for roughly fourteen years, a few states (physically & mentally), who was a hiking partner, snuggle pillow, snorer (sometimes even louder than me), dancing partner (she was a graceful waltzer) and last but not least, a member of my family.

I miss her dearly but it was time.  I am extremely lucky to have had the moments I did.  Miss Pooch-A-Rilla is a major highlight of my life.

I love you, Pooch!

Please visit Pooch Tribute http://bit.ly/d8bvTE



Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Clicky Web Analytics